Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dogs!!

I have an adorable little dog named Scamper. He is white with a bit of light brown on his back and ears. He is such a little sneaker! Food is his goal and I am his target (I am pretty short)! I better watch out when it comes to food. :) Scamper is the winner once in a while, so he will get a time out.

He has a little habit of licking metal...I don't know why but he does!! It was so funny my sister gave him her watch! But sadly, we can't let him do that anymore. A couple Sundays ago we got home from church and Scamper was acting weird. We had waited a few hours but then we could tell something was wrong with him. My dad ate his dinner then left for an animal hospital.

Later we had found out that a few days earlier he had swallowed three pennies. They have zinc on them, which are toxic for dogs. On Monday night we had gone to visit him. The doctor (it's funny, her name was Dr. Wulf) said not to be too surprised, for the effect of the pennies was very wierd. His tummy was a very strong yellow.

Finally, we had him back. He seemed to be doing better, and he was acting more normal.

We had to keep him on diet for a while, but slowly he got off it. It wasn't too hard, except the fact that he had about 10 types of pills and medicine we had to get down his thoat. Luckily, it was becoming easier to do. Now he is all better, and his same little food sneaking self. :) That silly dog!
P.S. McCall is the one who dressed him up... that outfit was her Christmas present to him!

2 comments:

Six-Pack Momma said...

Scamper and my cat Oreo....Oreo is a food thief! He likes goldfish crackers! Wierd, I know!

Marissa @ Life is Fantasmic said...

I was so worried about him that day! I'm glad he's back to his same old self again though... :)